Missing out on what you love due to the pain of a spinal injury or condition takes a toll. That’s why we offer highly specialized, expert care at Foundation Neurosurgery: so you can get the relief you need to live your life.
Expert care you can trust
Our neurosurgeons Katharine Cronk, MD and Tung Nguyen, MD, are recognized experts in providing surgical and nonsurgical care for those experiencing injuries and disorders affecting the brain, spinal cord, spinal column, and peripheral nerves. They understand the negative impact these conditions can have on your life and are dedicated to working with you to assess your injury or condition and to develop a treatment plan specific to your needs and goals.
Our neurosurgeons are experts in treating a variety of injuries and conditions, including:
- AVM (arteriovenous malformation)
- Brain aneurysm
- Brain tumors
- Brain, head, and spine trauma
- Chiari malformation
- Complex spine conditions
- Degenerative disc disease
- Neurovascular disorders
- Spinal stenosis
Cutting edge technology close to home
We use the latest technology – from sophisticated diagnostic imaging available on-site to state-of-the-art surgical techniques – to give you the highest quality care locally.
Specialized surgical treatments and technology include:
- 7D Machine-vision Image Guided Surgery (MvIGS)- Our surgeons were the first in New England to use this radiation-free technology for spinal procedures. 7D MvIGS guides surgeons with a highly detailed three-dimensional image taken during the procedure. The image is combined with pre-operative imaging to create an accurate, real-time picture of the patient’s anatomy. Unlike conventional image-guided surgery systems, the 7D technology reduces operative time and radiation exposure and achieves a fast surgical workflow for spine procedures.
- Cervical artificial disk replacement using Mobi-C® Cervical Discs- An artificial disc designed to restore range of motion and disc height following the surgical removal of a disc (discectomy).
- coflex® Interlaminar Stablization® device for spinal stenosis- This single-piece titanium implant treats moderate-to-severe spinal stenosis by providing strong but flexible support to the back of the spine.
To consult with one of our neurosurgeons, please request an appointment online, or call 603-577-2399.